When it came to choosing a skincare brand for Birch Beauty, there really were no other contenders. After working with SUNDARI for several years as an educator, I have grown very loyal to the products and their philosophy. I have used the products on myself, recommended them to family and friends, and have seen the results on clients.
SUNDARI is not a high street brand, so you most likely won’t have come across it before, and that’s why I’m excited to let you know more…
1. SUNDARI was originally created by Super model Christy Turlington who wanted to create a skincare range that encompassed the philosophies of Ayurveda (traditional Indian medicine) – her mantra was ‘being well on the inside, reads beautiful on the outside’ and that remains the core mantra of the brand.
2. SUNDARI draws upon the ancient Indian medical system of Ayurveda which takes a holistic approach to health and wellbeing. Did you know that the now very popular practise of Yoga traditionally comes from Ayurveda?
3. SUNDARI uses unique ingredients that are traditionally prescribed in Ayurvedic medicine; Neem, Gotu Kola, Amalaki, Triphala, Turmeric, Indian Aspargaus – are just a few. I like to think of the products as medicine for the skin!
4. SUNDARI combines science with nature. In Ayurveda, anything that is applied to the skin should be non toxic and cause no harm. Therefore SUNDARI uses ingredients that are naturally sourced and wherever possible, organic. Products are formulated to utilise the powerful benefits of natural ingredients whilst also providing fast results.
5. SUNDARI supports the charity ‘Elephant Family’ which helps protect Asian elephants and their habitat.
6. SUNDARI is committed to reducing any adverse impacts of its products and operations on the environment. Here are some of the ways in which they do so:
•Ensures the use of fair traded and environmentally conscious sources of raw materials
•Supports the reforestation of Sandalwood trees in India
•Licensed user of the Green Dot Logo
•Cartons used by SUNDÃRI are printed at a facility that uses 100% wind energy, recycles 95% of its waste and is an EPA Green Power Partner.
7. Finally, all SUNDARI products are:
•Suitable for vegetarians/vegans
•Contain organic ingredients